San Diego 07

Friday, July 27, 2007

Praise God! School is coming!

I have been so busy lately trying to prepare for the coming of my little girls 3rd year. We have started to practice Latin, multiplication, reading, memorizing poems...... My brain is on overdrive. I am a very competive person by nature, and my Jordan is a very quick learner, so it has been easy to get her a head start on this years lessons. She even wrote a book called "My First Day of School" There were a couple of misspellings, but all in all it shows what she is expecting to happen the first day of school. It reads like a comic book with funny illistrations and such. For a nine year old she has a huge sense of humor. One of the pages got my attention though. She drew in a picture of what I can only guess is me on a bad hair day, and I am saying to her to study harder and make me proud. Ouch! Is she trying to tell me something? Am I pushing the poor child too hard? So the last 2 days I have been letting all children just run crazy and be kids.

We leave for California in 3 days!!!!! We have already packed most of the items we will be needing, and started to clean the house so it wont be disgusting when we return. I love the ocean. I usuall dig a hole in the sand and then find clams to put in the hole. I end up with somewhere around 100 clams in the sand hole. It is a weird thing, but since I wont get in the water, it is the pass time that I find joy in. I went to the library today and checked out some light reads. I just finished 9 books in 3 days, so I am on a roll.

I will post pictures of the trip when we get back. Pray for our safe travel please.

No comments: