San Diego 07

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Jordan comes home in a week! I am so excited to be getting my little bundle of conversation back in the Sunny AZ state. She has been calling everyday, and tells me all about her adventures in Tyler. She got a hair cut, she's going swimming, she's going to the movies, slumber parties, 6 flags, etc......

Point is, she is having fun. But she also misses me. I bring the routine and the normal back into her life. I am boring, but stable. I am the homework, chores, and bed at 8 person. I hear it in her voice when she talks on the phone to me. She is in a constant state of "GO" while there with her grandparents, and they are trying to squeeze as much into their 32 days as they can. They want her to come back here and look forward all year long to returning to them. I get it.

She comes back Saturday and my house will once again be filled with her sweet self.


I read a friends blog the other day and she was telling about her child's adventure with poo, and I was thinking that if it happened to me I would just sit in a corner and wait till it was over then call for help. WELL, God has such a wonderful sense of humor, and I have been seeing it lately in my little boy. Just for the record, little boys are a lot different than girls.

My son had a diaper rash, and I am a firm believer that airing out the bottom is the best way to get rid of it. So, I took off his diaper and let him go free. He had just filled his diaper, so I figured it was safe, and really what harm could he do. HA! I went to the bathroom leaving the door open to listen to the sound of Doodlebops and my son in the living room. I swear it was only a few minutes in there putting on my makeup and doing as the Flylady says to do for my morning routine. I was putting my hair into a ponytail when it occurred to me that my son was quite, and this was very unlike him. I ran to the living room to find my son on top of my dining room table dancing and rolling his cars in his own urine. He was soaked, and so were the cars and my table and chairs. It had looked like he had stored up all his potty for this moment. He gave me the sweetest smile before throwing his wet car at me, hitting me in the head. Urine running down my face I could not stop giggling. Here was a completely disgusting situation and I must have looked crazy to my son. I know there is nothing in the flylady handbook to handle this situation. Forget the morning routine. I grabbed my son and his cars and threw him into the bath, while at the same time trying not to open my mouth to let the urine in.

No more airing out of his bottom. I went out and got diaper rash cream.

I know it is not as nasty as poo, but gross still.

No comments: