San Diego 07

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

clean closets say a lot about me

So in my earlier post I mentioned how I was back to the Fly lady to help me keep this house of mine under control. Also in my earlier posts I showed a picture of my shoe closet. Yesterdays "10 minute clean" thing was to straighten the shoe closet. AGHHHHHH!! This is my worst nightmare. But after much thought I decided to jump in. I got the 3 boxes she told me to get (throw away, give away, and things that go into another room) It took a bit longer than 10 minutes, but my shoes have been straightened. Each shoe is with it's matching partner, and I even got rid of 5 pairs! (2 were my husbands. STILL COUNTS) It does make it a lot less exciting to get the shoes in the morning, but oh well.

I also have cleaned out from under my bed. Wow! I was not aware of the items that had been under there. I could make a sweater from all the cat hair I swept out.

I found my old sewing machine under there for goodness sake. I just wish I knew how to sew. I would love to make little outfits for my kids. The only time I ever tried to sew I ended up with something that looked like it belonged on the Flintstones show. AWFUL. My sweet daughter did wear it, but I noticed it came up missing a few days later. hmmmmm

My house is slowly coming together and for that I am thankful. I am a huge control freak, and when my house is messy I can't breath. I have to have order in my life.

On a completely different note, a few months ago my Jordan had a birthday party and instead of people buying her gifts we decided on a charity to have people donate money to. She raised 275 dollars for Teen Challenge of Arizona. She was very happy with this charity because it helps keep teens off drugs. She knew she did a good thing and it made my heart feel good too. I wrote them a letter and sent off the money. I must admit that I expected them to at least send her a thank you card, but here it was June and nothing. I was ticked off, and had decided just 2 days ago to throw out their address and we were not going to use them as a charity in the future. BAD MOMMY! Well, I got home yesterday and there was a message on my machine asking for me to call them. I did and they said that they were so touched by what Jordan had done that they wanted to throw her a party to show their thanks. After all it was not everyday that a 9 year old gave up birthday presents. I was so touched I cried. I told them when she got back from Texas, and they put in on the calendar. I told them it was really unnecessary, and all she really would like is a card of thanks instead, but they insisted on doing something special for her.

I am pretty sure this was a God thing. He was showing me that it was supposed to be a sweet thing in having Jordan give money to charity, but I had made it ugly by wanting recognition for her. Shame on me.

Anyways, I thought I would share that story to be held acountable for my actions.

2 comments:

mandy said...

wow~ we are so alike it is crazy!!
God is so good to show us quickly our need for Him. wow!!

mandy said...

in need of a new post, girlie!!