San Diego 07

Thursday, August 9, 2007

San Diego




We got back from Sad Diego on Saturday, and it is so true what they say "You need a vacation from your vacation". I love my children, honest! Anyone who knows me will tell you that, yes, I am a bit scatter brained, but I do love my children.




Having said that.... I came back from this trip with the only thought running through my head being "get away from the children!" What was supposed to be a 6 hour car ride took over 9 hours because my children needed bathrooms and food and stretching, etc. I know that I should have been planning on these little stops, but I did not think it would be every 30 minutes. My in-laws are great, but they gave in way too many times to my children. Anytime Micah would whimper they would pull into the nearest stop and get him goodies. What that is teaching my child would make any mother cringe.




We stayed at the most beautiful hotel on Coronado Island. We had our own kitchen and huge tub and private bedroom. The girls slept on a huge fold out couch and Micah in a crib. While I was unpacking, I noticed Jordan had a bit of a cough. As I listened throughout the night it got worse and worse. The next morning there was a fever along with the cough.




I flashed back on the Disney trip where Jordan and I walked around Disneyland while everyone else rode rides because she was unable to do so. I just knew if she got sick it would be mommy home with Jordan while everyone else went sailing and to the beach and bike riding along the cost. So I prayed. Please don't let this be a bad thing Jordan has.




Later that day she seemed better, and we went bike riding and to the beach and out to a very cool restaurant. All seemed ok.


When we got back to our room the coughing started again. I started thinking "is this her trying to get attention now because she got attention earlier for being ill?" I sat down with her and we read a story and talked for awhile. I ran her a bath and she was still coughing. hmmmmm.
After she went to sleep I checked her temp again and it was 103. WHAT? How could she have gotten so high and me not know it? I woke her up and gave her the dye free Tylenol and some cool water. She went to sleep right after with no problems. She woke up the next morning coughing so hard she threw up. I found myself asking why now? We are supposed to be on vacation and not sick!
The 2 of us stayed in that day while everyone else had fun on the beach. We did order 100 dollars of room service though and sit on the bed and eat and drink and veg on old I Love Lucy shows. all in all, not too bad of a day. Plus, I did not get sand in my bum.
Long story short, we stayed away from the outside activities as much as possible due to her cough and not wanting to get the rest of the world sick from whatever she had.
on a different note, Micah spent a lot of time with his grandpa. Grandpa would knock on our door at 7 am wanting the boy to come out and play with him. It was so sweet, but now my boy is a rotten terror. He is starting preschool in a few weeks and I fear he may get kicked out. But my boy had a blast. He did not like the water at all this year, but maybe next year he will.
Back to Jordan. We got back home and she still had fever and a huge cough followed by vomiting. I called the doctor first thing Monday morning. I already have been wanting to switch doctors because I hate dirty offices and rude nurses and doctors who really don't listen to you, but when I got an answering machine saying they were out that day I decided it was time to act. My daughter Aspen has a friend who's dad is a doctor (Dr. Bean) He has been telling me that night or day I could call him if I needed anything. I called him up and they got me in the office in an hour. WOW! I am switching all 3 kids there now. She ended up seeing Dr. Delp, who used to go to the church I attend. He is just awesome with kids. We had to get x-rays, and found out that my daughter has been walking around with pneumonia. I felt so bad for her. School is starting right around the cornor so I am rushing to get her better so she wont miss any days.
She is getting better now that she has the rest and meds.

No comments: