San Diego 07

Friday, March 9, 2007

Dinner for 8

OK, so I survived my first dinner for 8 hosting. It was actually a lot of fun! We cooked chicken and burgers and everyone else brought over side dishes and it was a great time of talking, eating, and watching kids go crazy.

My husband thought I would be all stressed out because I usually am when it comes to people coming over, but I think I was wonderful.(if I do say so myself)

My mother in law helped me in seeing that it is not how clean my house is but the fellowship that happens. It is silly to think people will judge me because of a messy house. I also did not want to spend all my time running around like a crazy person cleaning my house for people. Be Mary, not Martha.

Tomorrow we head to Tubac for a great stay at a glof resort and a wedding. I bought a beautiful dress with cute little shoes (if you can say any size 9 shoe is little) It will be nice to get away and just look at my husband without kids running around. It has been too long.

2 comments:

mandy said...

you were a fantastic host! thanks so much for letting us all come over and hang out. your house seemed great to me!

mandy said...

you were a fantastic host! thanks so much for letting us all come over and hang out. your house seemed great to me!