San Diego 07

Friday, February 23, 2007

The Blues

I am sad

Not just a little blue, but full force tears streaming nose running sad.

Let me tell just say that I am not pretty when I cry. I get all red and blotchy. My husband laughs at this. It is hard to console me when your laughing at me. I do see his point in that I look silly.

When you have children you get this idea in your head of what you want for them. You want happiness, success, and love. You want them to like themselves and to be liked by others. You want them to have the things that you didn't growing up, and you also want them to learn about failure to make them stronger. You want them to be proud of who they are and where they came from.

My daughter hurts in a way that I can't help her with. In her pain I am drowning. She knows true disapointment and does not know how to handle it.

As a parent you feel your childs pain much worse than they feel it. The old saying "it is going to hurt me worse than it hurts you" is true. On the playground when a bully pushes your child down, the first response I want to give is to scream at that mean child. Your kid may pick right back up and moments later forget about the incident, but inside you are angry at the injustice of what happened. It hurts you worse.

My daughter hurts, and I hurt for her.

No comments: