San Diego 07

Sunday, December 16, 2007

who's idea was it anyways?


I started out my morning last Tuesday feeling great in spite of it being rainy and cold outside. I was invited by a good friend to go eat breakfast with her kiddos and my Micah. It sounded like Heaven to get to have a home cooked type meal without the mess in my kitchen and also to enjoy spending time talking to another adult.


I arrive at the Village Inn on time (something I really love to do) get my handsome son out of the car. I had brought a few toys, diaper, and a book to entertain the child that I just knew was going to be a doll the whole time. After sitting down at the table and strapping him into his highchair. My jewel of a child decided to lose his mind. It was food, cups and paper a flying. He was making as much noise as his sweet lungs could make. I opened up a sugar packet and poured it on the table hoping to entertain him, but instead he looked like he had been to a Hollywood party! Sugar up the nose! Needless to say that no real adult talk was achieved, but I was not too discouraged because after the meal and chasing my son all over the restaurant, my friend still wanted to hang out with me. My son had not caused her to go running to the hills. Her kids were perfect the whole time mine was going nuts. She still had a peaceful look on her face that clearly read that she was glad it was mine and not hers acting up. You all know the look.


So, she mentioned going to Target to do a little shopping for a party she was going to have, and I said yes. In my head I was thinking how bad could it be, Micah will be strapped in the cart and maybe I can get some Christmas shopping done. HA



I walked into Target looking sane. I had my 3 inch boots on and a nice sweater and was feeling pretty good about myself. My son went quietly into the cart and I buckled him right in with little problem.


I went down a few isles looking at things my children would enjoy getting as stocking stuffers and Micah was busy going through my purse. I went down the book area and let him pick a CARS book to take his mind off of throwing my personal items on the ground. He was starting to get a bit restless and I knew I was now on borrowed time. I needed to move my butt! I needed to get Micah some baby wash and I wanted to get some Mr Bubble for his bath time. He loves bubbles in the water!


I had about half of my cart full and was looking at the candles when I looked back at Micah I saw that he had opened the bottle of Mr Bubble and had poured it over everything in the cart and himself. and trying to clean it up I ended up covered in the watermelon smelling suds. (again I am in heals!) Time to leave Target, son is screaming from soap in eyes and from me spanking his bottom in the store. I bought all the items he had poured the Mr. Bubble on and hurried out to my car. People were staring at the crazy lady covered in Mr. Bubble and the screaming kid. You know the look of pity when you see it, and also the look of "why can't people control their kids". I HATE THOSE STARES



I get to my car with the cart and my son. I put Micah down to unlock the door and he takes off like a bull is chasing him. I run after him leaving cart purse and keys at car. Again 3 inch heels, pouring down rain, and Mr. Bubble all over my feet. I am slipping and sliding all over and leaving a trail of bubbles in my path. My son is having no trouble in his great escape. After 4 or 5 lanes, and nearly getting hit 2 times by cars, I grab the back of my sons shirt and pull him down into a huge muddy puddle. I am beyond rational thinking by now. My friend is still in the store having her own horrible time because her kids were needing bathroom breaks and trying to escape themselves. They had had enough of being good I finally got Micah safely strapped into his car seat. He is muddy and screaming. Now I am laughing at the whole thing. How must I have looked to those people who were watching? bubbles mud and rain.




I learned two important things:



1. All I want for Christmas is a harness for my boy!








2. No more shopping with Micah till he is older. Much much older






On a different note, I went to a wonderful Christmas party on Saturday. No kids!!!!!! So I did get my adult conversations in. I am going to try to attach a video and pic from that night. I made the cheer filled punch and it tasted just dandy. Which will explain the video a bit. Allison's and her husband looked so nice that I am also attaching their photo.

















My husband is having an operation on Tuesday and I am a bit scared about it. It is on his spine and so I am asking for prayers please.

2 comments:

mandy said...

i am praying for your hubby right now. i hope all went well.

your blog made me want to pee my pants. i can just imagine the crazy mom with mr. bubbles in the rain and mud with screaming child!! too funny.

alligooding said...

Oh what a day that was... did I really make the suggestion? Must not have had enough coffee yet! Love the singing, could you take down my pic? Yikes, not a good angle!